Saturday, May 7, 2011

Life's tough

Where do I start. It's been trying times for us lately.

Without any reasonable doubt, this has been mentally the hardest Jody and myself have endured during our entire marriage. I am speaking about a child that refuses to see the benefits of becoming a much better person than she chooses to be. She has very low self esteem, refuses to grasp reality and makes extremely poor decisions. I am confused, angry and very disappointed. As parents, we have high standards. We don't settle for just "getting by". We weren't raised that way by our parents, and I refuse to accept it now.

We try to give all of our children everything we can. Maybe that's been part of the problem all along? I know I never had anywhere near the things my kids have when I was growing up. That's what's become in todays social society.

The tension at times is very stressful.It's caused us many nights of poor sleep. That's not good when sleep already is somewhat non existant certain days having the life of a shift worker.

We will not abandon our desire for things to improve. We will not give up.
I just needed to share my feelings on the situation. Call it part of my therapy. I know things will improve but man it's been tough. I guess that's what life is all about.

1 comment:

  1. oh, how i can relate. bless you. it isn't easy but there are hidden rewards. i often feel like i have failed when my daughter does, but then i realize that she has to learn on her own just like i did. it's painful to watch nonetheless. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete