Monday, May 2, 2011

Get off my lawn

As I sit here at work on the night shift, I just finished looking at the weather forecast for the week. Looks like they're calling for rain. We don't need any more moisture around here right now but that's out of my hands. It does get me thinking about fertilizing the lawn to get it nice and green though. It's that time of year.

I don't know what it is but I'm pretty obsessed about how my lawn looks. I guess it's a guy thing? I'm actually borderline pyschotic when it comes to making sure it's up to par. I get depressed when it takes forever to green up in the spring. Working at a fertilizer plant probably doesn't help my way of thinking. I raked it last week as soon as it was dry from the winter snow fall. I've spent a lot of time reading on do's and don'ts when it comes to lawn care. Like when and how much to water, how high to cut it, ensuring your lawn mower blade is sharp so you "cut" instead of "break" the blades. Ya  I know....I'm a little obsessed. I don't know what it is but it brings me great satisfaction when I see the end results. Hopefully Charlie understands the rules when it comes to the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment