Sunday, May 8, 2011

Give your mum a hug

For those that are fortunate enough to still have our mothers around on this day, feel free to tell her how much you apprechiate and love her for the rest of your days together.

I do not have the privelege of seeing her very often on Mothers Day because she lives several hours away. I do call her every year to wish her well on "her" day. That's the way it should be. Reflecting back brings lots of great memories over the years. Being the oldest of her siblings, there was more expectations and responibilities growing up on a farm.

It wasn't always easy for my mom. Living with 5 males in the house was terrifying at times. I seen it in her eyes. She was always concerned for her families well being. That's what mothers do. She always provided the love and support for all of us. I remember the times when things didn't go right or mistakes were made. She was always there to support us. She always wanted us to enjoy the things in life that she never experienced.

I recently read an article about how mothers become part of a giving tree. It's actually a book that talks about the similarities between mothers and her kids. The children take what they want and the mothers give it out. The kids usually don't give thanks or hand out hugs. I know I didn't. I wasn't much into hugs. I was too macho for that growing up. Now reflecting back, I wish I did more of that.

You can reference the article here

I see the exact mothers love in my own kids life now. For me it's all about remembering how important mothers are in our world. They never give up on their kids. We need to do the same back.


No comments:

Post a Comment